Monday 29 December 2008

Christmas 2008

Welcome

I thought I'd create a blog for the experiences I have when out riding my new bike. I intend to list the routes I do & mileage covered, in order to see the progression in my riding. My fitness levels are not a patch on what they used to be & with my 40th approaching, I figured it's time to get fit.

I have been saving to get a Kona Paddy Wagon for a while & was just waiting to sell my old Kona Cindercone MTB which has now happened & my wife & I decided the new ride would be a nice Christmas present to myself.



I have been interested in having a single speed road going commuter bike for a while & seeing as I ride BMX's anyway, I thought it would be a nice way of keeping things familiar (no gears) & also be a good way to build up my fitness levels quicker.

I'm pleased with the Kona, the spec is nice & I think with a bit of tinkering, I'll be more than happy with it. It doesn't come with pedals & I've just put some old plastic MTB pedals on it for now but I intend to get some new SPD shoes & use my old Shimano SPD pedals as soon as poss.
I've not ridden a bike with drops on before & I intend to stick with them for a while until I can make an educated decision as to if I will keep them or go for a set of riser straight bars instead?



Being more or less completely different to what I'm used to riding, I'm sure it's going to take a while to settle into this style of bike but I'm looking forward to it immensely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.