Monday 29 December 2008

Lap of Banbury...

Decided to do a lap of the old home town this morning. When I went to bed last night I was planning the route, bearing in mind any bad up hills I would struggle with! & going through it street by street to get the nearest I could to the edge of town at all times. The route turned out to be 11 miles & took me a little under 1 hour to complete. The hardest part was Bankside which is a series of consecutive up hills & my legs were finding it very hard work by the last of them! Pleased with the route & it worked out well so I'll be doing it again soon to see if my speed is improving? I am feeling a little more comfortable on the bike, found some good rhythm on parts of the ride but I'm wondering if a 41t chainring to replace the existing 42t might be in order? The rims have a noticable join in them which make a clicking under braking, hopefully they will improve with use.

Need to get my SPD shoes sorted to get more power into my pedal stroke & also get the bloody bottle cage sat in my shed bolted on (or maybe a Camelbak is in order? hmmm...) My breathing was slightly better today due to a few puffs on the old brown inhaler pre-ride.

I felt tired this afternoon but also looking forward to tomorrows ride out. Just gotta get another route planned.

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude, good to see your new ride! Gettin' some one hour rides around Banbury is def a good idea, just to get your fitness up, technique sorted and getting used to that saddle !(I were right about that saddle tho'). In time you will be stormin', 30 milers no prob and fast too, you'll realise you dont need gears at all..
    I'll hopefully join you for a few rides if I ever get some time to me'sel these days !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Sunil, the seat isn't a problem & is surprisingly comfy! did another ride this morning & will blog it today... Look forward to getting out with you again dude ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.