Sunday 31 May 2009

A weeks worth...

Done several rides over the last week to try to resolve my back issues (it isn't really helping):

Sunday

Iain & I did a nice big loop around some villages that I hadn't ridden to before. The weather was nice & it was a good ride out.

28 miles done.

BH Monday

Hooked up with some guys I've met through the shop & did part of their all day ride. We ended up over the other side of Brackley & I came back from Syresham down the Welsh Lane, leaving them to their meal time destination. The weather was pretty poor but at least the rain didn't really kick in beyond a few spots.

36 miles done.

Tuesday

Keeping it going, I decided to do one of my usual routes. I ended up with a puncture at 5 ways so spent 1/2 hour sorting that out. My seat pack of stuff for this eventuality turned out to work fine but I struggled with the valve on the replacement tube as it wasn't long enough for my deep section rim. I have now changed them for the long valve variety :-) The mini pump I bought did put 80 psi in the tyre but only after a rather excessive number of pumps... emergency only I suppose.

17 miles done

Thursday

After work I was feeling a little irritable so I went out for a quick blast. Took the Shipston Road out through Taddy & swalcliffe & attacked all the hills well & then went cross country to Shutford. I ended up riding all through Shutford trying to see where the roads went (they didn't) & then carried on over to the Stratford Road through Balscote & the kissing seat where I stopped for a drink & gaze across the country side for 5 minutes. The sunny weather makes these country lanes all the more enjoyable.

16 miles done

Sunday (again)

Iain & I did the Warwick Road-Camp lane-Edge Hill-Sunrising-Wroxton- N Newington loop. I asked Iain to check the distance from Sunrising hill to the Village Hall in Wroxton as Gmaps says it's 5 miles. Proceeded to spank it all the way with a head wind & it was indeed just over 5 miles. May start to time myself on this bit as it is undoubtedly my fave piece of road to spin out my pedals :-)

20 miles done


117 miles total from those rides which I'm very pleased with.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.