Thursday 9 April 2009

Afternoon in the Sun...

As the forecast for Thursday was rain, I figured I'd make the most of the dry spell & get a ride in. Wednesday afternoon was nice if a bit windy but I needed to stick some miles in as the week was slipping by. I've picked up a new mini pump which fits on the bottle bosses of the frame & so I got that fitted along with the new seat pack so I'm all puncture proof now.

Usual route through N Newington & on to Epwell & Sugarswell Lane to the top of Sunrising. There were lots of cyclists making the most of the nice weather & there was hardly a cloud in the sky as I got to Edge Hill Castle. I stopped to take in the views on Camp Lane & then made steady progress back up the Warwick Road. Saw Nick & some Banbury Stars riders doing a ride & I managed to fight through the rush hour traffic back home. Pleased with the new parts (pics to follow) & the bike is now pretty much how I want it. some creaking emanating from the cranks or possibly freewheel, so I will need to check that out & rectify soon.

18.5 miles done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.