Tuesday 14 April 2009

Biking for the bank holiday...

I managed to get out on my BMX for a change on Saturday. Decided to hit up Spiceball park for an hour & hooked up with Greg & Chas, both of whom I hadn't seen in a while. Greg has become a father so congrats to him & welcome to the stress club dude ;-) He has dumped his free-coaster which is a bit disappointing as it's always good to see him doing his own thing going backwards. Chas has been sunning himself in Austin Tx for a few weeks & was still on a high from that. He went to the T1 ramps & met Joe Rich & lots of other (in)famous riders & by all accounts, had a RAD time there. His riding was looking good too with some nice X-up airs on the quarters & good style & flow indeed... As for myself, my bike felt alien as I hadn't ridden it for months & I didn't really make anything that got me stoked up but it was a nice hour in the saddle notheless.

So Sunday AM comes around & I'm hitting the Tarmac with my riding bud Iain D. He had a nice route planned for us but the weather deteriorated as we went along & soon we were all waterproofed up (cheers for the loan of the jacket dude). Got to Wyatts garden centre out near Rollright Stones but it was sadly closed for Easter! A bunch of other riders turned up (along with moter-bikers & lots of cars) so looks like Wyatt missed out on a stack of cash to scoff up his Easter eggs? fool...

The other riders were a good bunch & it's always nice to chat to like minded folk. Turns out one of them was Mick B, a friend of my dads whom I'd known all my life so it was real good to catch up with him again. After a good discussion about all manner of cycling, we went our separate ways & stopped for a choccy bar on the way back through Milcombe. I was still feeling good and climbed the last few hills well so I was more than pleased with our performance for the morning.

Got back in time for a Sunday roast too - yummy.

Cheers Iain, lets do it again soon dude ;-)

31 miles done.

2 comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.