Thursday 7 July 2011

Sustrans Route 4 - The Celtic Trail - South Wales: Day 3

Manorbier - Kidwelly

Got up around 7am & got some porridge & tea on the go, it was another glorious sunny morning & was already hot by 8am.







Scott was packed up but kindly waited for me to get my shit together & we hit the road to Tenby. The route took us through Kiln Park caravan site where I'd stayed as a child & it was such a lovely looking place, totally immaculate & made me want to book up to come & stay there! Tenby itself was also a beautiful place to ride through, with it's pastel coloured cottages & lovely views across the beach.







Continuing on to Saundersfoot we stopped for some food on the beach front & the skies started to cloud over. The ride to Carmarthen was hilly & once there we got food & Scott said he knew of a camp site near Kidwelly that I could stay at & he would continue on home from there.

By the time we got to Tanylan Farm camp site I was tired. Got a pitch for the night & said goodbye to Scott & thanked him for the company on the ride. The site was nice, clean & quiet & well priced too. Set up camp in a sheltered corner when it rained for all of 10 minutes & then showered, ate & got my head down for the night.



Distance = 51.92 miles
Riding time = 5h 51m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.