Tuesday 4 July 2006

Shifting...

Got myself a pair of the new KHE premium tyres (street versions) & had a little session @ the park last night to test them out. Fuck do they roll fast! first run I was out of control & nearly ended up in a heap... I'm not used to running too high pressures in my tyres, my Primo Walls have been ran around 50 psi for the last god-knows-how-many years & it took a few runs to get used to the difference. I put 75psi in them (they will take 120psi) & with the smooth centre tread on the tyre itself I was having to 'pump' a lot less to achieve the same results...

Being Kevlar beaded they saved around 1.5lbs in weight on my bike & lightened my wallet by £40 for the pair. People have said about the sidewalls blowing out on them so time will tell if they are up to the job :-)



This upgrade about completes my project & I will post pics & specs of the complete bike soon...

laters

2 comments:

  1. you have to run them at full psi or the sidewalls will blow out coz they are foldable tyres. try pumping them up all the way! they will last a hell of a lot longer. for more info check out the khe tech section on their site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments HM3000, I have been running them & 75psi since last July & they have held up great thus far. I think most people have had 'issues' with the park versions of these though. Great tyres, all round...

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.