Sunday 15 February 2009

A walk in Hornton & getting chased by rain...

I was keen to do another ride today but wasn't too sure where I was going so I kinda just followed my nose. Ended up going through Wroxton & then up the Stratford Road a way until cutting off onto the B road to Hornton. There was still some snow on the country roads so I played it careful & threaded my way through it nicely. After a nice long downhill roller there is sharp short hill climb & then a longer, less intese hill up to the top & on down into Hornton. When I came out of the other side of the village I just couldn't face the hill up so I dismounted & enjoyed a walk up the hill, admiring the lovely properties & cars as I went. No sooner had I walked to the top it started to spit with rain so I clipped into the SPD's & went like a bullet back towards Horley. Some stupid bints on horses, whom obviously had no control over said steeds were all over the road as I approached them & one horse reared up as I flew behind it. Sorry but I don't have a lot of respect for horses as, they shit all over the place, don't pay road tax & never seem to know what the fuck they are doing!? So blasting onwards & past more stupid four legged road users I was spanking out of Horley & up to the Warwick Road. The hill before the top was taken & then I carried on with a great pace back into Banbury. Stopped at my folks for tea once again.

13 Miles complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.