Sunday 8 February 2009

No riding...

Well with all the snow & ice that's currently dashing any hope of going out on your bike, I finally got around to finishing the work to fit the SKS mudguards on the Kona. I purchased them from Evans in MK who, in their infinite wisdom, neglected to give me one of the brackets needed to fit them! After numerous phone calls to them to get the part posted, them lying to me saying it had been posted then deciding it hadn't, then sending me the WRONG bracket & then the postal delays due to the aforementioned white stuff, I finally got the correct bracket yesterday nearly two weeks later!

I have spent a large amount of time fitting the front one whilst I waited for this bracket & for anyone thinking of buying SKS mudguards, be prepared for some time consuming work to fit them if you want them installed correctly. I intend to follow this post up with some photo's & descriptions of the fitting issues I faced with my frame & forks...

Can't wait to ride it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.