Wednesday 14 January 2009

Dial-Ride-Wash...

Needed to check the Paddy Wagon over today as there were a few jobs that needed attending to. I removed those shity reflectors out of the spokes (not before time) & also took off the fixed cog from the flip-flop hub as I don't intend on using it so dead weight! The hub has a stepped threaded body for the fixed cog which screws on to the large step first followed by the lock ring (which is a LH thread) on the smaller outside step. The idea is that, should the cog come undone it will move against the lock ring which will only tighten up because of the opposing thread direction.

I made up my mind to do the Bloxham-Ells Lane-Broughton loop the other way today. Now, being a loop you would expect that how ever much you ascend, you have to descend the same amount back to the start... Right? Well the loop going the other way seemed much harder! I mean, I knew the long hill up from Bloxham into Banbury was going to be a haul but it was the worst one yet. I'm not sure if it was the cold (my brake levers had a layer of ice on them when I got home) the fact I was wheezing like that penguin from Toy Story II or just me being tired today but it certainly took it out of me. Always a sucker for punishment I still blasted down the long road home to really use up the last shreds of energy I had.

7 miles done.

The bike has built up a nice crust of shite off the road from all the wet rides of the last week so I gave her a nice wash down & dry before putting her to bed. Good as new!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.