Tuesday 13 January 2009

New shoes...

With my SPD shoes & pedals all set up I did a ride out to check them out. I decided to do the North Newington-Wroxon loop as there are a few decent hills to climb & it's about time I stood up to them (literally!)

The loop totals 7 miles & was not really a problem. I made the steep crawler out of Newington but it was a big ask. The hill up into Drayton was attacked on the drops & was noticably better than previous attempts. I have decided against reducing my gearing as planned as I'm definitely seeing an improvement in my riding, which a few people have said, would be the case.

The shoes are going to take a good few sessions to get sorted but the difference compared to gripless plastics is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.