Tuesday 13 January 2009

Old pals...

Friday Morning I hooked up with Tony B for a ride out & to catch up on the many years since we had seen each other in a social capacity. We did the Warmington-Edge Hill circular which totalled about 18 miles with the ride back from Tony's place afterwards. I must explain that Tony & I were best friends in School, we both had a passion for bikes & from the day he was introduced to our class we hooked up & discovered we both owned Raleigh Bombers. We got into BMX in a big way along with some other friends whom I do still see & ride with. We've shared a lot of miles on & off road riding & it was soo cool to be spinning along talking almost as fast as we were riding & smiling & laughing about days gone by. Post ride we had a few cups of good coffee & a look @ some of Tony's A-mazing road bike 'collection'. I took some good tips on my riding & fitness from him & he also was most kind in giving me a pair of SPD shoes so that I could dump my kids ones & put some power to the tarmac ;-)

In all we had a great time & the hours flew by. I hope we can get a few miles in now & again, around his busy training schedule, as it was what cycling is all about for me - FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.