Sunday 8 March 2009

Back in the saddle with my old pal Iain D...

Iain & I used to work together years ago & we always shared a common love of bikes. We'd go MTB riding regularly & the last time we did a ride together was the Hell of the North Cotswolds off-road 50k ride. I remember it as the hardest ride I've ever done & due to having zero bike fitness at the time, I was totally fucked afterwards but it was rewarding nonetheless.



So we had been talking about doing another run out together & now he had his new Olmo (very nice) road bike sorted, we decided on an early morning Sunday spin.

Leaving mine at 9am we headed out to North Newington & I was feeling pretty good with the nice blue skies & fresh air in my face. We did Newington to Shutford & on to Epwell & Sugarswell Lane to Sunrising. From there we road across to Edgehill & on around Camp Lane to the Warwick Road at Warmington. The ride across Camp Lane was great & we got up a real good average speed of 20mph but as we got on to the Warwick Road we were greeted by an evil head wind which battered us about all the way home. We stopped at my folks place for coffee & then made our way home.

Already looking forward to riding out again soon as....

20 miles done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.