Wednesday 18 March 2009

It's a beautiful day!

Went to MK yesterday & went into Evans to look at the seat packs. Ended up coming home with 3 pairs of cycling socks instead!

So looking out today & the conditions looked perfect for a nice sunny ride out. I went up the Warwick Road as I wanted to finally nail the short, sharp uphill out of Horley towards Wroxton. Passed by Ray's & noticed the car was in so had a chat with him for a while & then went off down Hanwell fields to the Southam Road. Went up the Southam Road & then off to Hanwell & across the Warwick Road to Horley. As I came down through Horley, to the hill which had beaten me a month or so ago, I was winding it up & was determined to get up it this time. As I cranked it to the top it was a good feeling of accomplishment & I let out a "woohoo" with my little taste of victory.

I continued on & turned up the Shutford Road & came in the back end of Wroxton & then went back towards Horley again. As I coasted down that hill I wasn't gloating in the slightest ha! Made my way back up from Horley to the Warwick road (another steep one conquered) & then back to Banbury & round through Hardwick est to my folks place for a nice cold drink.

15.5 miles done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.