Friday 6 March 2009

Riding & walking...

Another beautiful morning & Tony & I were out on the Warwick Road again. We turned off for Horley & followed the road up past Varney's & Hornton again. Coming back in on the Stratford road I got a puncture & whilst trying to reinflate my tire the bloody valve blew off! It was decided that Tone would go on & get the car whilst I started a nice long walk towards Banbury. As the sun was out it was rather tranquil between the Bennie lorries hurtling past me as I strode on towards home. Nick from the Banbury Star came past & had a chat which was cool & I even got offered a lift from a kindly van driver who was travelling in the opposite direction! Goes to show there are some good folks left in this shit-bag world! Nick met up with a fellow rider & said goodbye & then Tony turned up in the motor as I got to Wroxton. I said that was the 1st & last time I was going to be that unprepared & I'm going to get some bits to take out with me to cover those sort of eventualities that are bound to happen again at some point.

Spanner - check
Allen key - check
Tyre levers - check
spare tube - check

8 miles riding
2.5 miles walking

Got home & gave the bike a good clean up as the wheels were off it...

Thanks Tony ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.