Saturday 28 March 2009

Solo not recovery...

As my mate TonyB was busy this week, I decided that I should still go out on my own. The wind was blowing a good'un & the skies were just waiting for me to step out the door into a shower. There's no point in trying to rely on British weather so I suited up & head out on another magical mystery tour. I do prefer not knowing where I'm heading & it only increases the sense of adventure I get from riding on 'new roads' that I haven't treaded down previously. So I took in the usual sights of N Newington, Wroxton & horley way & then wen't over to Hanwell & on to Great Bourton & Cropredy, Williamscot & back into the familiar ground of Chacombe (memories of lovely summer evening sessions at the ramps with friends). I Checked into Banbury Cycles on the way through town to see if my seat pack was in yet (it wasn't) & then on home.

I do need to invest in some replacement cycling shorts as the Santini's have about had their day & are becoming more uncomfortable as my rides progress. Also the chain tension problem seems to be improving due, I think, to the fact that the wheel nut is now biting into the dropout through the paint & keeping it's grip where it should be.

I would also like to mention that since I've started riding my Kona at Christmas, I've lost a stone in weight & my fitness levels have improved well which I'm very pleased with!

Get out on your bikes soon!

17 miles done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.