Wednesday 11 March 2009

Windy...

Thought I'd do a short loop just to keep the momentum going. I went out to North Newington & up to 5 ways but then went right towards Alkerton & past the tip onto the Stratford Road & back to Banbury. The wind was in my face for most of the ride & when I wasn't 'monkeying' up those hills, I was battling with a vicious head wind until I got to the Stratford road. It's hard work wind, I kept looking at the sky as I was expecting to get wet too but it gradually started to brighten up after a few spots of the old wet stuff. Once I got to the 'home straight' I finally had the tail wind I was hoping for, fantastic run back to town & I was bobbing on my seat my legs were working so fast. I think the few motorists that came past me were wondering exactly what I was grinning innanely about! Stopped into Rays on the way home but he was out.

Didn't feel quite as strong as I have done on the uphills, but still enjoying it :-)

13.5 miles done

2 comments:

  1. Ah you're making me jealous!....Maybe when I get this house finished I'll see you out on the roads!?

    Look for a slow moving big guy on a Blue Fausto Coppi....

    The codeword will be 'Stool MX'... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah would be great to catch up mate! I'm up for it, just say the (code) word! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.